[pct-l] strange bird call

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Nov 5 20:12:33 CST 2012

Oh that is so cool! I heard those funny birds, too. I was camped near
the hot spring near Bridgeport and I could swear each juniper tree
had one of those honking noises coming out from under it. I guess I
was surrounded by nighthawk's dive-bombing around me. I never saw
them. I would hear the noise and look and see nothing.