[pct-l] bikes on the PCT

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Wed Oct 10 12:13:34 CDT 2012

Have you tried not stepping off the trail?  Hikers are supposed to have the
right away over bikes right?  Make them go around you.  I realize that logic
and common sense have to come into play, but what we're learning through
this thread is that its very difficult for bikes and hikers to co-exist.  If
for no other reason than the speed at which they travel.  Where they do seem
to play together nicely (e.g. the CT example below) it appears to take a lot
of effort on the park of the bikers; which is a good thing.  I still think
that for the most part the solution is separate trails.