[pct-l] Tethers to the other world...

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Sun Oct 14 14:44:11 CDT 2012

Ed
I agree with you, in this day-and-age (as opposed to "go west young man" era) not allowing loved ones that are concerned about you to know your safe and they don't need to go to bed at night not knowing if they will ever see you again is VERY selfish.

Personally, "I" lump this selfish attitude together with:
 *not having health insurance because others will take care of "me".
 *not parking between the lines at the parking lot because ???.
 *building a campfire during a burn ban because it makes "me" comfy.
 *riding my bike on the PCT because "I" want to.
 *using the hotels computers and saying I'm in one of their rooms even though I'm stealth camped down the trail.

Yeah I know we all need to "hike our own hike" but, when others are impacted by our actions we become part of the 47% (nothing to do with "paying taxes) that just don't care about the other half.
I am the only one that counts and to X#!&X with the rest of the human community.

Sorry about "my" strong feelings  .... it got my dander up .... after I get down off this soap box I guess I'll go use some head and shoulders.

My remarks make me wonder what I'm doing in life that puts me the that 47%.

'til later,
Jon