[pct-l] Arguments for Bikes on the PCT

Matthew Edwards iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 15:39:20 CDT 2012

It sounds like the strongest arguments we have Against bicycles gaining
access to the PCT,
 aside from the obvious aestetic losses, are: Erosion and Spooking Horses.

I also like SteelEye's summary of the actual percentage of trails open to
bikes compared to the PCT.

We need to compile data, such as the effect opening the TRT to bikes has
had on trail erosion,and hiker and equestrian experiences.

What about envronmental studies?
Shouldn't the whole matter of bikes on the PCT be shelved until proper
environmental
studies are done in regards to their impact?
That could take years or even decades ;)
Let's no just hope so but find a way to make it happen.

-iceaxe