[pct-l] Smart Phone Apps

Patti McCarthy mcshap at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 25 12:50:59 CDT 2012

Eddy

I have an iphone so I don't know if they are interchangeable or not. But I use Guthook's Guides   PCT SoCal on the trail and it has helped tremendously when I wasn't sure where I was. It has a GPS component that tells me right where I am.   I can also look up coordinates and zoom to goggle map if I'm trying to drive there, (I'm a section hiker). I also have the PCTHYOH which I use on occasion but not that often.  One of them was free and the other was $5.  Don't remember which one.    The PCT SOCal has different sections to get meaning there's a PCT Oregon etc .

Good Luck

Patti