[pct-l] Free Beer

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 17:52:49 CDT 2012

Our intrepid PCT hero, Grizzly, is finishing an early season hike with some of his hiking buddies and saloon bros.

As they are crossing a snow melt raging stream, one trail partner slips and is carried away by the roaring water never to be seen again.

When they get to the trailhead parking lot they decide someone must tell lost hiker’s foxy wife, Trail Fawn.  Grizzly being like all hardcore hikers was always looking for an advantage and opportunities, says he will do it.

A few hours later Grizzly walks into the saloon where the others are toasting the lost friend and hiker.  He has a big smile on his face and two cases of High Sierra beer under his arms

They immediately wanted to know where Grizzly got the great beer.  He says, "Trail Fawn bought it for me after I told her about her husband being lost."

"That's unbelievable, you told her that her husband was dead and she bought you two cases of beer?"

"Well, not exactly," say Grizzly. "When she answered the door, I said to her, 'You must be Trail Junkies's widow'."

She said, "You have made a mistake. I'm not a widow."

Then I said, "I'll bet you two cases of beer you are"