[pct-l] ROCKWELL....it is all Switchback's fault

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Sep 5 19:46:38 CDT 2012

Snow Bunny JMT Unsupported Reinhold writes: There has not been enough humor on the list lately to keep them loose,
relaxed and in a good frame of mind because you have been gone to long.....you see,....IT'S  ALL  YOUR  FAULT!!!
The list needs some of your world famous trail humor.  Give them your best stuff, and you better make it quick.
---------------------------------
Switchback replies:

Our intrepid PCT hero,Sludge, is standing before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

"Have you ever doneanything of particular merit?"St. Peter asked.

"Well, I can think ofone thing," the hiker offered. "I stopped into this PCT trailtown saloon and came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a youngsolo hiker woman.

I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So, Iapproached the largest and most tattooedbiker and smacked him in the face and poured his drink on his head. Then Ikicked his bike over and said all bikers were sissies.

Then I yelled, 'Now, back offor I'll kick the crap out of allof you!'"

St. Peter was impressed. "When did this happen?"

"Couple minutes ago …”

Our intrepid PCT hiking hero, Guppy,stopped into Hiker Heaven for a few days on his thru-hike to Canada.  He was warmly greeted by Lighting Rod andBuzz Saw, the gracious hosts.  He noticedthe horses and many stray dogs they have rescued.
After spending a great afternoon chattingwith the other hikers and L-Rod, the evening meal was prepared.  However, Guppy noticed a film like substanceon his dinner plate and questioned the other hikers.

“Are these plates clean?“ asked Guppy.

L-Rod quickly spoke up, “They're as clean as cold water can get ‘em.  Yes, said some of the hikers, “The foodsgreat.  Just you go ahead and finish yourmeal.”

The next morning Guppy was ready for a great Hiker Heaven breakfast. Again, hewas concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around theedge that looked like dried food and asked, “Are you sure these plates are clean?“

Without looking up one of the hikers said, “You were told before, Guppy,those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, justenjoy your meal.”

Later that afternoon, Guppy was leaving to go Santa Clarita to visit the REIstore. All at once one of the dogs started to growl at him and would not lethim pass.

Guppy yelled, “L-Rod, your dog won't let me get to the ride into to town!”

Without diverting her attention from washing hiker socks, she yells back, “Coldwater, go lay down now and don’t bother the hiker!!!”