[pct-l] Water Treatment Issue Getting Too Hot

Inga Aksamit iaksamit at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 12:37:19 CDT 2012

I agree that the water debate is getting heated, but also agree that it has been a good discussion, with thorough arguments and excellent citations, several of which I've filed for future reference. As an RN who backpacks a lot I hear a lot of opinions that aren't backed up by the science so I appreciate being able to look at source documents myself so I can make my own decision. It is a personal choice--I still filter because my physical constitution is such that I'm susceptible to every little thing so I'll continue pumping. My husband doesn't usually get anything so he's tempted to take chances. On the other hand I will *not* be one of those people who suffers dehydration if my filter breaks in the middle of the Sierra--a lot of the water is probably fine. To each his own, but thanks for the entertaining and educational debate.

Inga Aksamit
Mobile: 415-470-1812
Email: Iaksamit at aol.com
Twitter.com/IngaAksamit