[pct-l] The FINAL WORD on GIARDIA

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Sep 5 23:23:48 CDT 2012

Miles,
I have to hand it to you,....you have your menu all worked out.
What I don't understand is why somebody like you, with superior
resistance due to eating all that dirt and Yummy chewing gum that people
were leaving on the sidewalk for you, should not have to pack an extra
dozen sleeping bags....your body should have developed full resistance
to all those "Giardia Chips" & "E-coli cakes".

But just in case, to be safe, if you carry a "cork & cork screw" with
you, you could always cork-up in the evening  and then un-cork in the
morning and let it rip.
Then you would not have to carry the dozen extra sleeping bags.

You see.....there is a solution to every problem.

JMT Reinhold
The problem solver
A lot has been said, recently, about water treatment and Giardia.
What I like to do, when travelling through an area which is known for
ample amounts of pure, clean water is to bring some freeze-dried Giardia
Chips and Giardia smoothies (powdered).
I like the Giardia Chips because they have a nice, light and cripsy
crunch - and they melt on my tongue.
The smoothies are good too, just for variety sake, and can be easily
flavoured.
If I'm out of Giardia, I'll pack some Campylobacter sausage or some
candied Yersenia or E-coli cakes.
Candied Yersena is great before bed.
They're just sweet enough and they give me that warm, rumbly sensation
in my belly.
I like Ecoli-cakes but they're harder to travel with because they tend
to mold after a few days of damp weather.
(If I do carry these with me, I'll be sure to pack an extra dozen or so
sleeping bags and a lot of wet-wipes.
And I also alert the medi-vac chopper in advance.
Happy trails, all! --
Miles