[pct-l] Cooking Systems

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 13 21:40:15 CDT 2012

If you ship fuel you can't use USPS Priority Mail, you have to ship it by ground parcel post which can take a long time. You will probably want to ship your bounce box Priority between stops.

I prefer to ship fuel canisters separate from my resupply box which I'll send Priority. That way if the surface mail gets delayed I don't lose my whole resupply.

I had pretty good luck acquiring fuel canisters locally on my hikes. I would suggest asking where canisters where available this year in a couple of months after the thru-hikers finish up.

Snap