[pct-l] Health Insurance while Hiking the PCT

Sheryn Babuka sbabuka at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 00:43:28 CDT 2012

Hi!  My husband and I are planning a thru hike for 2014.  We currently live
in Dubai and will be quitting our jobs and moving back to the US to
hopefully complete the hike before we get settled in and find new jobs,
move into the house we are currently renting, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to go about obtaining health insurance
for the duration of the hike?  I have been out of the US for 6 years now so
I don't know what has changed about insurance, nor do I remember much about
how insurance is handled in the US in general.