[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Apr 2 01:04:59 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Ryan DeGroot <ryandgrt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does any section of the PCT require a bear canister? Or is it just a good
> idea in some sections? I'm guessing that it's not necessary in SoCal.

Basically, the section from Sequoia/Kings NP in the south, to the
Northern border of Yosemite NP requires a bear can.

It is legal, though not recommended, to hike much of this section from
bear box to bear box, except for 2 sections that are too long to hike
in one day.

1)Agnew Meadows to Tuolumne Meadows (about 30 miles)
2)Glen Aulin to the Northern border of Yosemite (about 50 miles)