[pct-l] A question about Protective Phone Case

Nick Thelen nthelen03 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 18:50:11 CDT 2013

I've used a LifeProof case for the past year and really have abused it pretty good -  Multiple drops and I've swam with it for over an hour...shot some nice underwater video.

Waterproof (around 6' deep), mud proof, dust proof, shock proof (to around 6'), snow proof and sand proof.

Speaker and microphone still work very well.  Only 1 caveat, you'll need to use an Apple charger as the little door that flips open so you can charge is kinda 'thin'

 Also, OtterBox came out with their indestructible version recently - But I have no direct experience with that one

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/

http://www.otterbox.com/armor-series/armor-series,default,pg.html

- Nick

Can anyone share a favorite brand of protective phone case?  Ideally that
will allow me to step on my Smartphone, throw it off a cliff, or fall into
a river with it? Obviously no phone case will meet these criteria (maybe
step on it gently...), but the ones I have used in the past were purchased
because they met one or more of the following criteria: were sparkly, had
pink hearts, or had a Van Gogh print on them.  As fun as they were they all
fell apart within a few months of use.  I can accept some compromise in
fashion to get a good protective case and hopefully not destroy my phone
(again). Cheers!