[pct-l] low snow year - snow instruction clinic still necessary?

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 02:18:07 CDT 2013

Gideon wrote:

Do the experienced PCTers out there think this course is still necessary
considering this year's snow levels??

If the cost won't destroy you then yes, I'd consider it worth it.  Even in a
low snow year you're probably going to be walking on snow a significant
amount of time and understanding how to stay safe in those conditions is
always valuable.  If you've never dealt with snow travel before then getting
some experience in relatively a controlled environment is a good idea.  It
may turn out in hindsight that you didn't need it, but much better to have
that happen than the opposite, right?

I tend to err toward caution so take my advice with a grain of salt.  I'm
sure you can find someone else who'll tell you that a snow course is a waste
of money.  :-)

Eric