[pct-l] shoes

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:02:50 CDT 2013

Why Not and Elinore used Altra Lone Peak, zero drop shoes last year on the
CDT and loved them.  Why Not is back out there on the AT with them this
year.  They have a wide toe box and no heal rise.  I've got a pair and love
training in them, but I've got a pile of Montrail Sabinos I bought on sale
as they were being fazed out a few years ago, and I still love those big ol
clown shoes for my long hiking.  They also have a wide toe box and when I
take out the insoles and give them as flat a sole as they can become,
they've done me well for thousands of miles.

If and when I use up my stash of Montrails, I will probably go to something
like the Altras.

Shroomer