[pct-l] Nightly food storage

Rod Miller rod at rodmiller.com
Fri Apr 12 12:52:04 CDT 2013

On 4/12/13 10:40 AM, Meridith Rosendahl wrote:
> Back in 2010 a hiker was staying with us and told us his story:  He was in
> the Sierras, in his tent with his bear can outside on the ground when a
> bear approached.  Instead of fleeing he grabbed his camera and made a
> 5-minute video of the bear trying to get into the can.  We all watched it
> on his camera.  I believe the hiker's trailname was Anicca.  He hoped to
> sell the video and make a little cash, and I hope he did, but here it is on
> YouTube:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7oayAaf4k
>
> Piper's Mom

Add to the guidelines about where to put your canister that
it must be downhill from your camp site so it won't roll
into the camp site if a bear loses control of it.

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives,  |   O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More     |   2014 Meet is Feb 6 - 8