[pct-l] For the Female hikers out there - leave the underwire at home

Gena Nita gnita12 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 19:07:25 CDT 2013

Hello,

I've been enjoying reading the topics here for over a year, however this is my first time posting. I'd an active 31 yr old female, love backpacking and backcountry canoeing. I've lived in Europe for 14 yrs before moving to Canada.   Most European women I know ( including my cousins) don't bother wearing bras whatsoever! In Canada, its a total different story; women actually live parading around with these huge unrealistic push up brad. My personal opinion: not only this seems extremely sleazy but its also very unhealthy. I made the mistake last summer to wear a regular bra on a 3-wknd backpacking trip. Worst mistake ever: the straps of the bra literally cut thru the skin on my shoulders! I was bleeding, had a hard time carrying my backpack, barely enjoyed my trip until i removed the bra; and what a relief! But even so, i suffered the entire time. took me 2 weeks to heal.  Never before have I wore a regular bra on a trip nor will i ever do again; believe me, its not worth it. A sports bra with the thinnest/flattest straps is the perfect support, or just wear a tank top.

Sent from my iPhone