[pct-l] Trail angels near LA?

Mike Welch encinomw at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 15:33:25 CDT 2013

I'm in need of a trail angel or other helpful person in the Eugene area.  I'm flying into Eugene, OR late August and need to get to Scott's Trailhead near Scott Lake on Route 242 to begin a section hike.  (Was detoured last Summer onto the Scott Trail due to the Polk fire East of the Three Sisters. I've included two shots of that fire looking North over the South Sister taken 9/14/12.)  I've googled transportation and see nothing that goes over 242.  I could hitchhike and may end up having to do that, but if anyone knows of someone willing to provide transportation I would greatly appreciate it.  I treat trail angels very well and would compensate generously for time and gas.  I'm coming down from Alaska.  Any information at all in regards to transportation would be appreciated.  Thanks, Mountain Mike