[pct-l] Fwd: Hiker-trash lifestyle and the Future...

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 01:33:29 CST 2013

Since doing the PCT in 2005, its always been a love even after it was done. This life social security or not, is not always so pleasant. I have thought about cashing out at times, and could live on the trail, cheaper than in civilization.

But I believe God has more for us. Despite all that is happening in the world, the current unemployment (shadowstats.com) at about 24% etc, I have started a Salsa company (pacific Crest Salsa ) and am in the middle of getting that going.

But for me, I will always enjoy the long distance hikes, whether section hiking or thru hiking. Perhaps one of the great things is when we meet each other on the trail, we can all talk the same language of long distance hiking. Whether we are hiking a day hike, section or thru, its so nice to get back on the trail. It keeps us in good shape, and probably extends our lives.

To all of you, I wish the best, happy trails.

Mountain Goat, PCT 2005