[pct-l] Any comments on the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1?

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:24:04 CST 2013

I love Big Agnes tents.  I recommend spending the extra ounces and getting
the Copper Spur instead of the Fly Creek.  Here's why:

(1)  DOOR:  Copper Spur has a side door.  Much easier to get in/out.  It
DOES make a difference.

(2)  CROSSBAR:  Copper Spur has a crossbar at the top.  This makes the tent
have two sides PLUS a ceiling.  Much more headroom, and you won't feel
squished.  Fly Creek does not have crossbar.  The walls meet at the top,
and your head will constantly be touching the walls when you're sitting up.

Don't get sucked into the idea that everything MUST be ultralight.  Yes,
weight does matter, and ounces add up to pounds, yadda, yadda, yadda.
 However, your tent is your home for 4-5 months.  Your home should be
comfortable.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com