[pct-l] question re-fuel for Caldera Cone System Stove

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Sun Feb 17 17:40:23 CST 2013

I realized that the product I was talking about is actually a bit different
than there standard Caldera Cone systems, it's the "ti-tri" system, with the
added "Inferno accessory" which is an inverted inner cone, resulting in a
two-wall system for insulation between whatever fuel source you're using and
the outside, and adds the elements needed to burn an efficient little wood
fire inside.  I'm sure the Caldera Cone system on its own is great, but this
ti-tri setup is what I used and it was AMAZING.  You can imagine how much
efficiency of heat exchange is achieved when you have dual wall wind
protection/insulation and a sturdy windscreen holding your pot up with a
perfect snug fit all the way around.

http://www.traildesigns.com/stoves/cones/caldera-3-fuel-wood-burners

Might seem expensive to some ($170 for the "Fissure Ti-Tri" with added floor
and the inferno insert) but it's all very well-crafted and by far the best
little stove system I've used.

Cheers,
-Potential178