[pct-l] boots

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Jan 13 13:10:07 CST 2013

I'd look into something similar to the Merril Moab Ventilator. Full
leather and/or goretex is going to be overkill for most, if not all,
of the trail. Keeping your feet dry on the PCT is primarily keeping
them dry from their own sweat. Then later in the High Sierra it's an
exercise in futility. Goretex may be useful in the PNW once the rainy
season has begun.