[pct-l] Ability to intensively search hiker journals?

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:55:13 CST 2013

Scott wrote:

That HUGE DOWNSIDE is the reason I can't make this feature public.
However, since I've been asked nicely, what are your thoughts on the matter?

>From what I can see, your search tool isn't substantially different than
searching Google, right?  I don't know if you allow Google to index
PostHoler journals, but they're certainly open for public browsing.  It
should be pretty well understood by everyone these days that anything you
post on a public internet site is going to be available to anyone who wants
to find it.  If you don't want your stuff searched and sliced and diced,
don't post it on the internet.

If you exclude private journals, I think you're fine.  Or that's the way I
see it, anyway.

Eric