[pct-l] Burn Bans

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Fri Jan 25 17:45:27 CST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Paul Magnanti <pmags at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>I've not noticed the "Underwriters  Laboratory Approval" requirement before.
>>>A google search failed to find evidence that a Jetboil or MSR
>>>Whilperlight is "UL Approved" so it seems those stoves would be
>>.illegal to use under this order, even though they have shutoff valves. >>Can someone find any other evidence?
>
> That is direct from the state of Colorado and a govt agency.
> Feel free to e-mail them directly and ask for yourself if you disagree:

I'm sure you are correct. I just had never noticed it before. I'm
wondering if it is on the California bans too, and I just missed it...

> ps. this took all of 2 minutes to find
> http://www.ul.com/global/eng/pages/solutions/standards/accessstandards/catalogofstandards/standard/?id=147A_3

I found that too, so obviously there are standards,  but I am unable
to find evidence that either of the two stoves I mentioned meet those
standards and UL Listed.