[pct-l] powerhouse fire

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 17:02:39 CDT 2013

Weathercarrot's post has caused me to think about our own work in the Hat Creek District and other areas.  Log out work is, by it's nature, a temporary fix.  We can, and do, log out an area completely to the highest standard.  But the next winter there will be storms.  Trees will fall and again block the trail.  And they will have to be logged out.  It is an annual cycle.

Similarly, though at a slower pace, the brush can be cut, but it will grow back.  At best, some of our work will effect a few year's worth of hikers, only to be needed again some other year.

Your thought that we should take pride in the process of doing trail work makes the most sense, since it is never a truly permanent fix and, therefore, is never truly finished.

QuincyRider