[pct-l] hiking through the sierras - do PCT folks switch to hiking boots from running shoes?

Ben G bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 16:38:44 CDT 2013

I doubt it.  If your load is light enough to wear running shoes and you
have successfully done so up until the point where you enter the sierras,
why would you switch.  I hiked the JMT last year in trail runners and will
be doing so again in 6 days.  You obviously need to be a little more
careful where you step though.  I did meet one person who twisted their
ankle last year and was hobbling along.