[pct-l] REI changes return policy to return before 1 year

Frederick Baier frederickbaier at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:01:01 CDT 2013

Aloha, As an REI member in a locale without an REI store, I appreciate the business (on-line and in store), their customer care, shipping policies, and their overall ethics. I love browsing and exploring and spending--it's often one of the fun treats of trips back to the MainIand (that and MLB!).  In short, I still think the policy is quite generous...and sadly some genetically unscrupulous folks will abuse the new policy as well. Frankly, they should limit returns to obvious defects, unworn/unused wrong sizes, or in the extreme, lightly used (one time) gear coupled with a darn good explanation--all within 90 days.
Aloha, Fritz
Aiea, HI