[pct-l] Thru Numbers

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Tue Jun 11 13:13:38 CDT 2013

Barry, I absolutely agree with your post.  As a fellow trail maintenance volunteer I invite the people who want to help hikers to come out and do some trail work instead of providing goodies.  Now I have never turned down a cold beer or soda while hiking, but really people you can have a trail angel at every road crossing handing out water, beer, and treats, but if there is no trail what good would it do?  If the trail isn't constantly maintained it doesn't take long before it becomes impassable (or at least very difficult).  Log onto www.PCTA.org and click on Volunteering.  There is a list of all the trail maintenance projects planned for this year.  Some are one day long, some are multiple days.  It can be hard work, but don't let that scare anyone away.  You can work at your own pace and are never asked to do anything that you aren't qualified to do or feel uncomfortable doing (like working with chain saws, etc.).  It is a great way to give back to the trail that we all use and love.  See you out there.  I mean it!  Go to the website right now and make the commitment.

I-Beam