[pct-l] Jetboil and JMT resupply

Mike Welch encinomw at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 23:15:51 CDT 2013

I hiked the JMT alone in 2007 with a Jetboil.  I packed 3 small cannisters and found they lasted about 6 to 8 days each.  I boiled water for coffee and oatmeal in the morning and boiled water for a freeze dried meal or Ramien and hot chocolate in the evening.  I was out for 18 days and had a little left in the last cannister.  I would not count on the store at the John Muir Ranch.  When I was there they stocked very little, but they could have changed.  What was more plentiful was the hiker boxes of mailed items never retrieved, but if you depend on something in the hiker box your taking a chance.  Mountain Mike