[pct-l] Horse encounter with illegal MTBs

Marcia Powers GottaWalk at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 23 22:00:53 CDT 2013

I was just hiking on a single track trail on the Pleasanton Ridge for hikers only, no bikes or horses. A biker rode up behind me. When I turned around to say," This is a hiker only trail." he thought I was going to yield and he started around. I stuck my arms out to halt him and told him what biking does to a hiker trail. Then I slowly climbed with the biker behind me to the fire road where the biker then went ahead.

I complained to my son and friends that the biker felt entitled to the trail. He asked why I felt entitled to be the trail monitor.

The best line from one of the kids who knows I pack a light pack: Your pack would be lighter if you left your soapbox at home!