[pct-l] personal locator beacons

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Sat Mar 2 09:30:08 CST 2013

Chris.

 I use the spot and I found that the signal doesn't always go through. It doesn't seem to matter whether I was in a clear area or a wooded area it was random. I got in the habit of sending double spot's at each time. Your loved ones need to understand that not hearing from you doesn't mean there is an emergency. The device can fail and you may need to get to the next town to send a message home that all is ok.

Diarmaid "Irish" Harmon
irishharmon at comcast.net

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"