[pct-l] Preparing for a PCT-Thru

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Mar 5 20:36:12 CST 2013

[pct-l] Preparing for a PCT-Thru

Say gang,
I have received several off-list inquiries on how to obtain the "TELL IT
ON THE MOUNTAIN" DVD.
Go to............www.tellitonthemountain.com

JMT Reinhold
-----------------------
Reinhold wrote:

Hi gang,
Upon returning from my Sierra Skiing Expedition I found a letter and
DVD from my buddy and Idol Scott Williamson.
The DVD, which has previously been talked about on the list, is
"TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN......Tales from the Pacific Crest Trail."

To the class of 2013 I will say...."If you are serious about "through
hiking" the PCT,.....GET  THAT DVD.
You will get a better understanding of what you will encounter on the
PCT and what the PCT is all about than you will from any chat lists or
forums.

Don't get me wrong, this list is a great source of information for
aspiring PCT hikers.

But hearing is one thing,....seeing is another thing....."Seeing is
Believing."

On the DVD you will not only hear and see what the ordinary PCT hiker
has to say, but see hiking legends like Scott Williamson and Billy Goat
on the trail and what they have to say about the trail.
Advise from hiking legends like Scott & Billy Goat is priceless.

Scott Williamson, with 13 PCT thru-hikes (16 counting section hikes)
and the PCT record holder is the undisputed, undeniable, unquestionable
"King of the PCT."
Billy Goat, who some folks say has been hiking the PCT since the Civil
War, looks like and could be mistaken for John Muir.

So,.....If you want to see what you will be encountering on the PCT, get
a true understanding of the PCT and hear what hiking legends have to say
about the PCT, take the 122 minutes and view the DVD.

I guarantee,.....you will not only love the DVD, but it will be the most
informative 122 minutes you ever spend researching the PCT.

With this, my friends, I will now sign off.
Hope to see you all on the trail someday

JMT Reinhold
Your trail companion