[pct-l] external battery

Jim Eagleton eagletonjim at aol.com
Sun Mar 10 18:45:41 CDT 2013

I just received the New Trent IMD52D 5200mAh and Anker Astro 5600 mAh external batteries.

The New Trent is 5.2 oz with the charging cable which has a USB plug for the iPhone AC charger.

The Anker is 5.1 gm with a similar length cable, but it comes with a short 9.5" cable that is 4.7 oz with the unit.

It will take several days to get my iPhone 5 and test them both out.  The Mophie 4000 mAh powerstation gets good reviews and is pushed in my Apple Store.

I feel these are the right size batteries.  If you NEED your phone to work longer than its battery life, is one extra charge really enough?
If you need a much larger battery, why not consider a good solar charger like the Suntactics 8.5 oz charger?

Rambler