[pct-l] ADZPCTKO

surferskir at aol.com surferskir at aol.com
Mon Mar 11 19:13:01 CDT 2013

Lake Morena is a County park and they charge for a campsite.  But the campsites are already taken this year.
But the PCTers pitch their tents and camp out in the field north of the campground, or you could try and share a cmapsite with others already there.

Used to Live in China Lake.  Getting to ADZPCTKO is easy.
395 south to I-15.  Keep on I-15 all the way to SD.
Exit EAST  when you get to I-8.
East for ~50 miles to BUCKMAN SPRINGS RD exit. Exit south and continue ~6 miles south and look for the signs for a right-hand turn off to Lake Morena Village and Lak Morena County Park.  (I foget exactly what the sign says).

While you are at it, look through some of the threads on this site and find some people that are looking for rides from Warner Springs (about 35 miles one-way off I-15), or other points north of Campo.  (Some may have even made it to Cajon Pass by then if they started last week or so).

--Dennis--