[pct-l] anti-protozoals

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Mar 11 22:50:48 CDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Martin Clark <martin.m.clark at gmail.com> wrote:
> WHERE DID YOU GET CIPRO!?!?! Thats a really powerful antibiotic and the fact
> that someone may have it around would explain the recent rise in
> "super-bugs" which is wreaking havoc on long-term care facilities, nursing
> homes, and hospitals.

Probably the rise of super bugs has more to do with the use of
Antibiotics in industrial farming, where more than 80% of the
antibiotics in the USA are used. Having Cipro "around" isn't going to
do anyone any harm, and when used properly, it will save lives, where
other antibiotics might not work

That being said, I would not take Cipro, even for a good reason, while
hiking the trail. Tendon Rupture is a well documented side effect from
this type of drug, and one should refrain from strenuous physical
activity while taking it. That would include hiking....

http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons