[pct-l] "Born to Run", shoes, and feet.

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 14 08:21:15 CDT 2013

On Mar 13, 2013, at 10:34 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> From: bill <bparnell at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] "Born to Run", shoes, and feet.
>
> Does barefoot/minimal style walking prevent the foot expansion I've
> been
> hearing about?

Ha ha ha ha ha bwuahahahahahah.

No. The opposite.

And to try in advance to mitigate whatever Yoshi is about to post,
look up The Soldier's Foot and the Military Shoe by Edward Munson.
And note how different Japanese military shoes are from US. They make
shoes differently in different countries. It may very well be that
Japanese footwear doesn't screw up your feet, but that hasn't been
the case for American footwear.
http://books.google.com/books?id=V5NDAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover