[pct-l] Mountain House Meals

Andrea Harrison andylouharrison at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 10:08:53 CDT 2013

According to Mt. House, once opened the food starts losing its food value within 10 days. However if you repackage it in airtight baggies or seal-a-meal type bags, it will be just the same. I also repackage mine in seal-a-meal and use those as my cook pot. If you have resealable baggies, you can add any temp liquid to baggie and put it in your pack somewhere to soak while you are hiking and it will be ready to eat whenever - just not hot.