[pct-l] cell phone/internet coverage

Kathryn Thompson katzenjammer12 at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 18 01:06:07 CDT 2013

Hikers from overseas might be interested in Straight Talk.  Order a SIM card online and pop it in your unlocked GSM phone, and then it is $45 for an "unlimited" (some restrictions) 30-day text/talk/data plan.  It is pre-pay, so you can pay as you go.  I believe it operates primarily on the AT&T network, so coverage should be pretty good.  http://www.straighttalksim.com/coverage.php

I'm planning to use this on my hike, but have no prior experience with it.  Anyone who has used it, please chime in!

Cheers,
Kat

<<<
Message: 10