[pct-l] Trailtown Saloon Conversation

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 17:49:45 CDT 2013

Some touristpilgrims happen to wander into a trailtown saloon and sat down at a table. Asthey were sitting there they overheard the following comments at the bar byhikers, who obviously had been on the trail too long.
Hiker: Ifa word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
Anotherhiker: Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Hiker 3: Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the samething?

Hiker 4: Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean thesame thing?

Hiker 5: Why do "tug" boats push their barges?

Hiker 6: Why is it called "after dark", when it really is "afterlight"?

Hiker 7: Why are a "wise man" and “wise guy” opposites?

Hiker 8: Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean oppositethings?

Hiker 9: If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?

Hiker 10: If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

And finally, Hiker 11 says, “Why is bra singular and panties plural?”