[pct-l] Section Lake Morena to Julian

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 20 09:11:38 CDT 2013

In my experience--and granted I am not the same as everybody and high
altitude slows me down only a little--whatever my pace is pretty much
is what it is. If you can do 15-17 miles up and over Dicks Pass (I
don't know how far it is from Aloha to Fontanillis) then you can do
it down south. But if you can't, you probably can't down south
either. One thing to keep in mind is there isn't much shade in that
section from Lake Morena to Julian so if you do have to stop and rest
a lot, stopping in the sun isn't going to help at all. It's better to
just keep moving and only rest in real shade. Also, maximize the
early morning hours for hiking.