[pct-l] Cougars

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 05:06:50 CDT 2013

That's the part I've been curious about all these past few years.  I didn't
have any meat products in my food bag.  Just diary and plant products.  I
suppose cats like milk, but it's still strange.  Even so, the bottom of my
Ursack was covered in clear slightly yellow mucus or slobber with a few
bubbles in it.  The bag was dry when I put it on the boulder, and the rest
of the bag was dry.  I've never put liquids in my food bag either, so it
couldn't have come from within.  In any case, I saw the cougar standing
above my food bag and looking at me.  Maybe it was there for me.  I sure
hope not because then I REALLY wouldn't like the reason it returned several
times that night.  I prefer to think the cat was there for my food, and
that's why I no longer sleep anywhere near my food.  If a cat or any animal
wants to check out my food all night, I'd rather sleep soundly not knowing
anything about that.

Cougars are carnivorous sight-hunters and don’t really rely upon their