[pct-l] How do water caches work?

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:15:34 CDT 2013

I think I may have recruited a potential "trail angel" who can stock a
water cache at Hauser Creek, Mile 15.3 of the PCT. (A spot that often lacks
water, especially this year with so little rain.)  I'm new to the trail, so
tell me how these water caches typically work.  Can he just leave some
plastic gallon jugs of water in a somewhat hidden spot beside the trail?
 Also, write me directly if you're planning to start from Campo in the next
couple of weeks.  This fellow drives down there every so often on other
business (I'm not sure how often), and this may not work out at all, but
the possibility seems worth exploring.
Ron "Manzanita" Graybill, Riverside, CA