[pct-l] Stove advice

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed May 1 18:54:18 CDT 2013

Alcohol works really slowly and it will work even more slowly if you
have to cook for two. The only advantage you have with an alcohol
stove is alcohol is easily obtained. It sounds like canisters are
getting easier to obtain than they used to be so now that advantage
is probably moot. The other advantage is the make your own gear fun
factor, but that might not matter as much as a quickly-made hot meal.