[pct-l] Boot selectio

Rod Miller rod at rodmiller.com
Fri May 3 11:51:43 CDT 2013

On 5/2/13 9:36 PM, Dan Jacobs wrote:
[snip]]

> Why do you believe you need, or specifically want "boots"?

Am I the only one who read the post about sox? Lessee, hike
2 hours, take sox off and clean feet, ditto, ditto, etc.,
wash sox that night. IMHO that's the result of hiking in
ventilated running shoes.

My experience with boots is that one pair of good wool
sox in a pair of enclosed boots will last 5 or more days
between washings. An occasional sox off and drying of them
and feet during rest stops probably helps. YMMV.

Having to "maintain" my feet every two hours would take a
lot of the pleasure out of the day's hike. I gladly pay
the price of heavier boots and adjust my pack and
expectations accordingly.

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives,  |   O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More     |   2014 Meet is Feb 6 - 8