[pct-l] Boot selectio

Linda Sheehan lwshee at gmail.com
Fri May 3 13:11:16 CDT 2013

As a Northwesterner and older hiker with sensitive ankles I am a die hard
boot hiker and especially in our usually snowy mountains. However, in the
sun splashy southland my feet become little saunas and my (stay warm when
wet and cold) wool socks are in worse shape. I just wish they made lighter
trail runners that fit over the ankle like basketball shoes (there is a
reason these athletes need the support) I also need the arch support so I
end up with pretty stiff soles. I use a Sportiva composite lightweight boot
with 2 lightweight socks, it does ok.