[pct-l] Desolation Wilderness July 4th

Alan Miller alan.miller401 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 14:14:25 CDT 2013

Hi all.  My wife and I both love to hike and I have done several
backpacking trips ranging from an overnight in the Grand Canyon to a week
in Yellowstone.  It has been a dream of ours to someday hike the PCT.
 Earlier this year, we decided that 2014 is the year we finally make it
happen!  We both have some time off around the 4th of July this year and we
decided we would spend it on the PCT to test gear and meal plans, and to
just refuel our excitement for the trail.  We have tentatively decided on 3
nights through the Desolation Wilderness. We will be beginning and ending
our hike from Echo Lake.  We are trying to do the whole trip without
renting a car from the airport, but I can't seem to figure out how to make
the public transportation work to get us from either Sacramento or Reno
airports.  Is there anyway to get close to the trailhead with public
transportation or should I just bite the bullet and rent a car?  Thanks