[pct-l] water on Hat Creek Rim

hiker2009 at comcast.net hiker2009 at comcast.net
Tue May 28 16:08:07 CDT 2013

Yesterday I hiked by the Lost Creek canyon and found a built-to-last metal trail marker at a junction that said Lost Creek - Water
and a constructed trail that switchbacked down into the canyon. It's not in Yogi's book and it's not on Half Mile's map.
I didn't want to hike down and back to check it out though. Anybody know anything? If not too arduous it could temper the bite
of the Hat Creek Rim in July. In my case though I was wondering if the mist would turn to rain - the usual breeze on the rim
could have made real hypothermia weather. I had forgotten my rain gear - one always forgets something.

The day before I checked out Road 22 cache. Lots of good water there, and some rather funky water that seems to have had
the lids chewed off by the wildlife. And the two ice chest contents were getting pretty funky too. But there's enough there
for the first batch of through hikers.