[pct-l] Caustions about no-cook-food

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:37:23 CST 2013

This is not scientific but using freeze dried food reconstituted with cold water wasn't a good idea for me. I ended up weighing 94 #s by the end of my PCT hike. I switched to dried food for the CDT --still with cold water -- lost less weight. I just had gotten sick of stoves.  Now I have one hot meal at night and use esbit tabs. Can't get any easier than that. Food is veg and usually vegan. I buy everything at health food stores so anything I eat has a high food value.  Marmot

Sent from my iPhone