[pct-l] Never Play Games With PCT Hikers

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Nov 11 03:15:07 CST 2013

One day our PCT hero, Grizzly and his wife TrailDust go intothe trail town to buy some groceries. The town is a destination spot for tourist visiting the local Sierra Mountainsto fish and hike.
After they are done shopping they head over to the localsaloon to have lunch with some of their friends.
Later a group of well-dressed city folks come into the bar andsit down at the next table.  They are loudand obnoxious and tell their server, “Wench, get us some beers, rapido”.
Finally, one of the city folks leans over to Grizzly and says,“How would you country folks like to play a simple little game to win money.”
Grizzly replies, “Well, we are just simple folks and PCThikers, but what is the game?”
The city guy says, “I am a lawyer here with my friends, who arelawyers too.  If we cannot answer yourquestion, you get $100.  If you cannot answerour question, you give us $5.00.  Eachgroup has 15 minutes to answer.  It isthat simple.”
Grizzly and his friends quietly talk it over.  Then Grizzly leans over and says they willplay the game with the city lawyers.
The lawyers go first and Grizzly and his friends cannot answerthe question and give the lawyers $5.00. Now it is Grizzly and his friends turn. He asks the lawyers what goes up hill with three legs and comes downwith four legs.
The lawyers talk it over and then some get on their smart phonesto check the Internet and the others call their smart friends.  Finally, they give up at 15 minutes and grudginglyhand over the $100.
Then the now heated lawyer impatiently says to Grizzly, “Well,WHAT IS THE ANSWER?”
Grizzly leans over and hands him $5.00.