[pct-l] Application back up

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Sun Nov 24 12:21:48 CST 2013

Thanks to a number of recent, wonderful developments, Mountain Education has received lots of interest from aspiring backpackers who want to be safe and aware in the outdoors, snow or not, thru hiker or weekend warrior.

Yesterday, our Course Application submission software crashed and a number of you could not register for skills training courses. Well, it’s back up and we know how to keep it from happening again, so re-submit your apps. to register for our fun weekend classes before they fill up!

We have new course locations up!

Northern Washington:     Andrea Dinsmore, host.         March 7-9, 2014
Central Oregon:              Doug Early, host.                   February 28-March 2, 2014
Northern California:        Georgi Heitman, host.             (date to be decided)
Tahoe, California:           Mountain Education               weekends from Jan. 18 to April 11, 2014
Southern California:        (unknown at present)              April 18-20, 2014

We do not require payment for this training. We operate on a passionate, but starvation diet (so to speak). If you like what you learned at the end of your trip, then a donation is appreciated. That’s it!

We want you to be safe out there and have a lot of fun, not worrying about anything because you know how to deal with it should something present itself. We show you all this! Preparation and practical, realistic awareness will get you to your goals, be that Canada or a new sense of peace and healing learned from the trail.

Otherwise, see you at the Kickoff!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org